Now that you’ve bought a home of your own, you might be thinking that you’re kind of good at handiwork and you want to give flipping a go. It’s certainly one way to make money in
FIVE NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS FOR YOUR HOME
We may be a little removed from New Year’s Day, but it’s not too soon to start making some 2018 resolutions for your home.
1. Start a home repair slush fund: Things in your home are going to break and need to fixed. It’s just a fact that comes with home ownership. Rather than letting expensive repairs take you by surprise, start planning for them. Set aside some money each month that you can eventually draw from when an appliance breaks or unexpected damage occurs.
2. Inspect your fireplace: Even if you have a gas fireplace, you should still inspect the valves and ceramic logs yearly to ensure that everything is operating safely and correctly. If you have a wood fireplace, hire a certified chimney sweep to do the job.
3. Maintain your garage door: Garage doors are big and heavy, and that puts a lot of stress on the hinges and tracks that are used to open and close the door several times a day. A regularly scheduled $50 inspection could save you hundreds or thousands in the long run.
4. Tune up your furnace: Regular furnace inspections will help identify minor problems before they turn into major ones. Also, set reminders to replace your furnace filter.
5. Clean your coils: The No. 1 refrigerator maintenance task should be cleaning the condenser coils. They can get clogged with hair and dust, reducing your fridge’s efficiency. Have you cleaned yours lately? You can hire a professional to do it, but it’s also an easy do-it-yourself job.
Acworth | Alpharetta | Atlanta | Austell | Avondale Estates | Ball Ground | Berkeley Lake | Big Canoe | Braselton | Brookhaven | Buckhead | Buford | Canton | Carrollton | Cartersville | Cave Spring | Cedartown | Chamblee | Chattahoochee Hills | Clarkston | Cleveland | College Park | Commerce | Conley | Conyers | Covington | Cumming | Dacula | Dahlonega | Dallas | Dawsonville | Decatur | Doraville | Douglasville | Duluth | Dunwoody | East Point | Ellenwood | Fairburn | Fayetteville | Flowery Branch | Forest Park | Gainesville | Grayson | Hampton | Hapeville | Hiram | Jasper | Johns Creek | Jonesboro | Kennesaw | Lawrenceville | Lilburn | Lithia Springs | Lithonia | Locust Grove | Loganville | Mableton | Marietta | Mcdonough | Milton | Newnan | Peachtree City | Peachtree Corners | Powder Springs | Riverdale | Rockmart | Rome | Roswell | Sandy Springs | Savannah | Smyrna | Snellville | Social Circle | Statham | Stockbridge | Stone Mountain | Sugar Hill | Suwanee | Talking Rock | Tucker | Union City | Villa Rica | Waleska | White | Winder | Woodstock | Zebulon
Hi, I'm John Thomas, and I am a full-time/full-service REALTOR® at eXp Realty in Atlanta Georgia. I was born in Chicago, grew up in Elmhurst. I attended York High School and Loras College. I have a B....
Latest Blog Posts
Any time there’s a natural disaster, emergency preparedness is all anyone can think about. But soon after the news coverage fades away, it’s back to the same old grind, with little brain