Now that you’ve bought a home of your own, you might be thinking that you’re kind of good at handiwork and you want to give flipping a go. It’s certainly one way to make money in
FIVE INEXPENSIVE HOME IMPROVEMENTS
The cost of some home renovations can seem daunting, but not every home improvement has to break the bank. Here are five simple improvements you can make that will have a major impact but are still relatively inexpensive.
1. Add some trees: Want to add some curb appeal to your home and feel better when you’re pulling into the driveway after work? You won’t believe the difference a few trees can make. And compared to the cost (mature trees starts at around $1,000), they provide a great return on investment for your property value and can lower energy bills by providing shade.
2. Add molding: Molding instantly adds a classy, sophisticated touch to any room, and if you do it yourself, it can cost less than $2 per foot. If you ever sell your home, buyers consistently say that molding is a big plus.
3. Upgrade your ceiling fans: An efficient ceiling fan costs far less than air conditioning, and if your current ceiling fan is on its last legs, a replacement can totally change the look of a room.
4. Energy efficient appliances: Still using the appliances that came with the home? Upgrading your range, fridge, or dishwasher won’t just give your kitchen a sleeker appearance. Newer, more energy-efficient appliances will also lower your utility bills.
5. Invest in storage: One of the biggest ways to improve your home is to declutter. Throw out what you don’t need, and invest is some good storage solutions for what you keep.
Acworth | Alpharetta | Atlanta | Austell | Avondale Estates | Ball Ground | Berkeley Lake | Big Canoe | Braselton | Brookhaven | Buckhead | Buford | Canton | Carrollton | Cartersville | Cave Spring | Cedartown | Chamblee | Chattahoochee Hills | Clarkston | Cleveland | College Park | Commerce | Conley | Conyers | Covington | Cumming | Dacula | Dahlonega | Dallas | Dawsonville | Decatur | Doraville | Douglasville | Duluth | Dunwoody | East Point | Ellenwood | Fairburn | Fayetteville | Flowery Branch | Forest Park | Gainesville | Grayson | Hampton | Hapeville | Hiram | Jasper | Johns Creek | Jonesboro | Kennesaw | Lawrenceville | Lilburn | Lithia Springs | Lithonia | Locust Grove | Loganville | Mableton | Marietta | Mcdonough | Milton | Newnan | Peachtree City | Peachtree Corners | Powder Springs | Riverdale | Rockmart | Rome | Roswell | Sandy Springs | Savannah | Smyrna | Snellville | Social Circle | Statham | Stockbridge | Stone Mountain | Sugar Hill | Suwanee | Talking Rock | Tucker | Union City | Villa Rica | Waleska | White | Winder | Woodstock | Zebulon
Hi, I'm John Thomas, and I am a full-time/full-service REALTOR® at eXp Realty in Atlanta Georgia. I was born in Chicago, grew up in Elmhurst. I attended York High School and Loras College. I have a B....
Latest Blog Posts
Any time there’s a natural disaster, emergency preparedness is all anyone can think about. But soon after the news coverage fades away, it’s back to the same old grind, with little brain