Now that you’ve bought a home of your own, you might be thinking that you’re kind of good at handiwork and you want to give flipping a go. It’s certainly one way to make money in
BUDGET PROJECTS WITH BIG VALUE
Not all home improvement projects are created equal. Some renovations may cost a lot but not add significant value to your home. This list goes in the opposite direction: Here are some inexpensive home improvement projects that will not only increase your enjoyment of your home but will also increase the home’s value.
1. High-quality ceiling fans: In a recent National Association of Home Builders survey, ceiling fans ranked No. 1 as the most-wanted decorative item. If your ceiling fans are outdated, replace them with something in the $400 range—it’ll make a big difference when it’s time to sell.
2. Trees: Mature trees can be worth as much as $10,000 toward the value of your home. Trees also protect your home from the elements and prevent erosion.
3. Energy efficiency: Buyers are increasingly interested in saving energy, so any efficiency update is worthwhile. Switching from a wood to a gas fireplace is a great start.
4. Outdoor lighting: Exterior lighting is great for highlighting the accents of your home, and you can typically expect a 50 percent return on investment.
5. Molding: You can finish a room with crown molding or railing for as little as $1.50 per foot if you take a DIY approach, and it’s extremely desirable among prospective buyers.
Acworth | Alpharetta | Atlanta | Austell | Avondale Estates | Ball Ground | Berkeley Lake | Big Canoe | Braselton | Brookhaven | Buckhead | Buford | Canton | Carrollton | Cartersville | Cave Spring | Cedartown | Chamblee | Chattahoochee Hills | Clarkston | Cleveland | College Park | Commerce | Conley | Conyers | Covington | Cumming | Dacula | Dahlonega | Dallas | Dawsonville | Decatur | Doraville | Douglasville | Duluth | Dunwoody | East Point | Ellenwood | Fairburn | Fayetteville | Flowery Branch | Forest Park | Gainesville | Grayson | Hampton | Hapeville | Hiram | Jasper | Johns Creek | Jonesboro | Kennesaw | Lawrenceville | Lilburn | Lithia Springs | Lithonia | Locust Grove | Loganville | Mableton | Marietta | Mcdonough | Milton | Newnan | Peachtree City | Peachtree Corners | Powder Springs | Riverdale | Rockmart | Rome | Roswell | Sandy Springs | Savannah | Smyrna | Snellville | Social Circle | Statham | Stockbridge | Stone Mountain | Sugar Hill | Suwanee | Talking Rock | Tucker | Union City | Villa Rica | Waleska | White | Winder | Woodstock | Zebulon
Hi, I'm John Thomas, and I am a full-time/full-service REALTOR® at eXp Realty in Atlanta Georgia. I was born in Chicago, grew up in Elmhurst. I attended York High School and Loras College. I have a B....
Latest Blog Posts
Any time there’s a natural disaster, emergency preparedness is all anyone can think about. But soon after the news coverage fades away, it’s back to the same old grind, with little brain