Deciding you’re ready to buy a house is a big moment in your life, whether it’s a first time purchase or you’re snatching up yet another investment property. The home buying process is fraught
FIVE TIPS FOR REDUCING CLUTTER
It doesn’t take much time to go from a perfectly organized room to a cluttered, chaotic mess. Papers pile up on surfaces, coats and bags end up on furniture, shoe boxes and shopping bags get stuffed in the first place you can find. But if you’re proactive, you can avoid the common clutter traps. Here are five ideas for reducing clutter:
1. Have a place for the things you bring into the house each day: Do what you can do create an easy place to put your outerwear, mail, keys, phone, and the other things you bring home each day. Coat racks, mail holders, and a catch-all basket give you an easy, consistent place to put your everyday items.
2. Get a basket for once-worn clothes: There are some clothing items that may not need to be washed or put away immediately after one use, like sweaters or denim. These items often end up on the bedroom floor. Instead, put them in a specific basket for items that aren’t yet ready for the laundry room.
3. Keep kitchen tools off the counter: It’s really easy to let items pile up on the kitchen counters, and all that clutter can be frustrating when it’s ready to make a meal. To reduce clutter, use wall racks to keep cooking utensils off the counter.
4. Designate a no-clutter zone: This one’s simple. Simply choose an important surface or space (like a coffee table), clear it of clutter, and focus on keeping that one area totally organized.
5. Keep the dining room table set: Not only is a set table pleasant to the eye, but it also makes it nearly impossible for the table to gather clutter. Thanks to the plates and silverware, there’s no room for your junk mail.
Acworth | Alpharetta | Atlanta | Austell | Avondale Estates | Ball Ground | Berkeley Lake | Big Canoe | Braselton | Brookhaven | Buckhead | Buford | Canton | Carrollton | Cartersville | Cave Spring | Cedartown | Chamblee | Chattahoochee Hills | Clarkston | Cleveland | College Park | Commerce | Conley | Conyers | Covington | Cumming | Dacula | Dahlonega | Dallas | Dawsonville | Decatur | Doraville | Douglasville | Duluth | Dunwoody | East Point | Ellenwood | Fairburn | Fayetteville | Flowery Branch | Forest Park | Gainesville | Grayson | Hampton | Hapeville | Hiram | Jasper | Johns Creek | Jonesboro | Kennesaw | Lawrenceville | Lilburn | Lithia Springs | Lithonia | Locust Grove | Loganville | Mableton | Marietta | Mcdonough | Milton | Newnan | Peachtree City | Peachtree Corners | Powder Springs | Riverdale | Rockmart | Rome | Roswell | Sandy Springs | Savannah | Smyrna | Snellville | Social Circle | Statham | Stockbridge | Stone Mountain | Sugar Hill | Suwanee | Talking Rock | Tucker | Union City | Villa Rica | Waleska | White | Winder | Woodstock | Zebulon
Hi, I'm John Thomas, and I am a full-time/full-service Realtor® at eXp Realty in Atlanta Georgia. I was born in Chicago, grew up in Elmhurst. I attended York High School and Loras College. I have a B....