Deciding you’re ready to buy a house is a big moment in your life, whether it’s a first time purchase or you’re snatching up yet another investment property. The home buying process is fraught
FIVE LIGHTING TIPS FOR BASEMENTS
Making your basement an enjoyable place to spend time can be tricky. Without the right lighting, it may feel too much like a dungeon (unless you’re into that!). Here are a few quick tips.
1. Maximize the natural lighting. Trim back shrubs and other plants that block sunlight from window wells. If the window well has a cover, keep it clean or replace a cover that blocks light with one that lets light pass through.
2. Choose light colors for walls, carpet, and furniture. As much as we all miss the dark brown faux wood paneling from the ‘70s it doesn't do much to create a bright space.
3. Accent Lighting. This will not only make the space brighter, it also makes the space feel less like a basement because lamps make the space feel decorated and lived in.
4. Light Bulbs. Depending on the types of fixtures in the basement there are various new types of light bulbs. Consider talking to a lighting expert to find which type of bulb is going to give you the best results.
5. Create a false lighted window. This is simpler and more effective than you might think. Just frame and trim a “window” on a basement wall, and use creative lighting and decor (blinds, reflective paint, daylight spectrum bulbs) to make the light coming from the window look natural.
Acworth | Alpharetta | Atlanta | Austell | Avondale Estates | Ball Ground | Berkeley Lake | Big Canoe | Braselton | Brookhaven | Buckhead | Buford | Canton | Carrollton | Cartersville | Cave Spring | Cedartown | Chamblee | Chattahoochee Hills | Clarkston | Cleveland | College Park | Commerce | Conley | Conyers | Covington | Cumming | Dacula | Dahlonega | Dallas | Dawsonville | Decatur | Doraville | Douglasville | Duluth | Dunwoody | East Point | Ellenwood | Fairburn | Fayetteville | Flowery Branch | Forest Park | Gainesville | Grayson | Hampton | Hapeville | Hiram | Jasper | Johns Creek | Jonesboro | Kennesaw | Lawrenceville | Lilburn | Lithia Springs | Lithonia | Locust Grove | Loganville | Mableton | Marietta | Mcdonough | Milton | Newnan | Peachtree City | Peachtree Corners | Powder Springs | Riverdale | Rockmart | Rome | Roswell | Sandy Springs | Savannah | Smyrna | Snellville | Social Circle | Statham | Stockbridge | Stone Mountain | Sugar Hill | Suwanee | Talking Rock | Tucker | Union City | Villa Rica | Waleska | White | Winder | Woodstock | Zebulon
Hi, I'm John Thomas, and I am a full-time/full-service Realtor® at eXp Realty in Atlanta Georgia. I was born in Chicago, grew up in Elmhurst. I attended York High School and Loras College. I have a B....