When people look for intown Altanta homes with walkability, they automatically flock to Virginia Highland, Morningside, or Inman Park. And many of those people get hit with sticker shock when they see the prices of homes in those areas. One neighborhood that shouldn’t be forgotten is the neighborhood of Candler Park. There are several features of the Candler Park Neighborhood that make it compete closely with some of its popular neighbors (and you can still find a few homes priced in the low $500’s!).
Discover 8 Features of the Candler Park Neighborhood:
1) Walking Trail– Like to walk (or bike?). Besides the friendly neighborhood sidewalks, Candler Park backs into the Freedom Parkway Trail, which offers a nice, wide stretch of paved surface perfect for a stroll or bike ride.
2) Candler Park Golf Course– Not many intown Atlanta neighborhoods can say they have their own golf course. But Candler Park can! Ok, so it’s not anything fancy but theCandler Park Golf Course is perfect for those wanting to get a quick round of golf in before dinner or warm-up before a big weekend golf outing. It’s a 9 hole golf course, with 4 par 4’s and 5 par 3’s. The prices are cheap ($10-$13) and no special golf attire is needed.
3) Shops and Dining– Candler Park doesn’t have a ton of restaurants to flock to, but it does feature a charming block with a few food options. Located at the intersection of McLendon Ave NE & Clifton Rd, you will find the infamous Flying Biscuit. It’s small and packed on weekends, but the wait usually moves pretty quickly. A little hidden gem that I think many forget about is the local Candler Park Market. It is a small grocer (I wouldn’t rely on this for my everyday grocery shopping, but maybe if I needed a quick thing or two) with a handful of grocery items, wine, and beer. Make sure to go to the back of the store to order a sandwich at the Candler Park Market Deli. Looking for a unique venue in Atlanta to host a baby shower or bridal shower? Go across the street from the Candler Market toDr. Bombay’s. It is a lovely, old-world style interior perfect for an afternoon tea, sandwich, ice cream, or pastry.
4) Great Elementary School– Candler Park hosts one of the higher ranking Atlanta public elementary schools,Mary Lin Elementary. Residents of Candler Park, Lake Claire, and Inman Park are zoned to Mary Lin Elementary. A several year construction project has been happening to add a facelift to the elementary school building and is set to be complete this year (2015).
5) Spacious Park– Candler Park in fact has a park named Candler Park. It includes a public swimming pool, playground equipment, basketball courts, a ton of open field space perfect for kicking around a ball, throwing a frisbee, etc, and also 4 tennis courts. From time to time, my husband and I like to attempt our tennis skills here. But, if you find that all the tennis courts are taken, try driving down a few blocks to North Ave NE & Euclid Ave NE. There are 2 more tennis courts there (along with a full-sized basketball court).
6) Cute (and slightly more affordable) bungalows– If you love bungalows, Candler Park is filled with bungalow homes. Candler Park has grown in popularity over the past several years, so home prices have increased. BUT — there are still usually some slightly less expensive bungalow options in Candler Park (compared to more pricey options in Inman Park or Virginia Highland). From time to time, there is a bungalow priced near $500K. It may be on the tinier side, but they usually are adorable and worth the money when you factor in the great neighborhood and all that it offers.
7) Location, Location, Location– Candler Park is nestled in between several awesome neighborhoods that are easily walkable to. You’ve got Druid Hills and Virginia Highland to the north, Decatur and Lake Claire to the east, Inman park to the west, and the eclectic Little Five Points next door. Access to I-20 is quick and Candler Park is only a short 10 minute drive into Midtown/Downtown.
8) Festivals and Fun– The residents of Candler Park are a mix of young families and people that have lived there for 20+ years. Candler Park has a relaxed, friendly and inviting vibe that is contagious. Residents also know how to have fun including its annualCandler Park Festival at the end of May andFall Fest and Tour of Homesin October.
There you have it. Intrigued by some of the features of the Candler Park neighborhood I listed above? Check out all current available homes for sale in Candler Park byCLICKING HERE.
Author:Molly Slesnick Phone: 404-989-4537 Dated: May 21st 2015 Views: 1,449 About Molly: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Kitchens and bathrooms are the workhorses of the house. Every member o
"Working with eXp Realty was a pleasure. When we started, we had no idea what we wanted, but our buyer agent helps us figure out the pros and cons of all our options. Our agent went the extra mile willing to put in the extra effort to answer our questions, to make sure we were happy with our decisions, and educated about the market and local area."